Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Chocolate and Verdigris

The outside painting is moving along . . . slowly, but there is enough done in the courtyard to get a good feel of how the house will look in the end, and I love the deep rich chocolate color.

This color brings out the tones in the old brick and the surrounding greenery.   Eventually the windows will be re-puttied and painted the same color. 

The verdigris copper gutters even look better next to this color.  Verdigris is going to be my accent color for all outdoor adornment.  So far there are the verdigris gutters, weathervanes, and I now how some lighting for the front of the garage (soon to be Bob's man cave/office).

I had a few possibilities for lighting from Blue Moon, the antique lighting store in town, but nothing was perfect, until I saw these lights on Ebay from Virginia, a set of four with the copper that matched my gutters and simple enough for this 1940s bungalow. 

When I saw these, I knew I had to have them, and there was only one other bidder, and I won!  They will look fantastic on the front wall with new casement windows and Carolina siding.  We found a contractor that just moved here from York, PA, and we hit it off from the start.  He knew the look I was trying to get, and will start soon on replacing the front of the garage and finishing off the inside so that Bob has an office to work from home.  Stay tuned!
This week's rescue is Johnny from the LA floods who ended up in the shelter in Mobile, AL.  He, along with Raven and Copper needed rescue.  I worked with my friend Leigh Stonecypher to get these three rescues and get transports set up.  I had Raven for a few days and drove him to Columbia, SC on Saturday to go to my friend Stephanie in CT.  Copper went to my friend Alisha in GA, and I have John until Friday when I place him on transport to NY to my friend Toni with Heart Rescue.  A full couple of weeks to pull this off, so taking a much needed break to get back to painting.




Raven

Copper.  Three very lucky dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment