Friday, May 6, 2016

Down to Earth

Down to Earth is a nursery down on the main road from the boathouse.  After two years, I finally stopped to check it out and was surprised!



They have a great variety of plants, all very healthy, just a little pricey, but you pay for the quaint atmosphere and the convenience of it being right there at the lake.




Since I was on my way to open the boathouse for the summer and to have it ready for my guests, I splurged and bought some lantana and Cuphea, better known as cigar plant, a plant very hard to come by and that I have always loved, and so do the hummingbirds.

I also painted the boring beige door a bright green which I have been wanting to do for some time and I think it looks fantastic. 

   The tiny farmhouse is clean and has water, the boathouse is clean and ready for a bbq and kayaking on the lake, just have to deal with the main house!

No comments:

Post a Comment