Thursday, January 7, 2016

Chimney Rock, Part II: Hickory Nut Falls

Took the opportunity Saturday to go back to Chimney Rock and hike the Hickory Nut Falls Trail.  It was the perfect time to see the falls after having weeks of flooding rains.  The falls were loud and rushing.



An old stone lookout point by the falls.






My birthday present!!  It will take me some time to learn what all I can do with this camera.  A few lenses came with it and a tripod.  It is the camera of choice for my mentor Bill Wise, Director of the Walton County Shelter in GA. He is a wonderful photographer and does all the shelter animals' photography and has a section on his website with tips and techniques.  He also photographs nature in his off time.  Check out his work at www.williamwisephoto.com  Bob and I signed up to walk dogs and do photography at our local shelter to give us some practice.  The new camera explains the sideways video.  I'll get it right next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment