Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Gray Owl

Originally chosen to go on the walls, Gray Owl by Benjamin Moore ended up being the color for the door and two windows in our bedroom.  Hard to see in the photo, but it is a gray-green with a hint of blue and looks fantastic next to the iron work on the door.

Original hardware will be left as is.  There were three different sets of brackets for curtains on this door and two chain latches, all of which came down and the holes filled with putty then painted a couple coats.  

It's so nice to have an old-fashioned Dutch door in the bedroom, especially now that it's cool at night to leave in the great breezes from the gap.

I have decided it best to paint the walls in a neutral, one I picked called Sesame by Ralph Lauren. 


My lamp "finds" this week, smaller and cuter table lamps all under $6!


Also a couple of vintage glass shades, this one with a Fleur de Lis, all of which are for purchase in my Etsy shop TinyFarmhouseSupply.


I believe these were the shades we had in our kitchen in the '50s when I was growing up.



A lot of gold going on in the pasture.

And this is Gunner, our weekend guest who went to my friend Amber in GA who is in husky rescue.  She was not too happy that Bob taught him how to jump up on tables!
Amber usually has a dozen huskies at her house and her two little girls are always surrounded.  She is a pharmaceutical rep for Merck, has two little girls, and trains and fosters huskies.  I always tell her I want to be like her when I grow up!

Bob teaching Gunner bad dog tricks.



I thought the name Batman would better suit him because of his ears, but he came with the name Gunner.  Check out those blue eyes.  Total opposite of Frankie the white wolf we had last month.





The boathouse is rented for the next two months.  A couple will be here with their two bulldogs last weekend of September, so we finally got the doggy scamper ramp up so they can swim.  

Also got the doggy hitching post up so leashes can slide down and keep the dogs on the dock.  My friend from Florida will be here first week of October meeting some friends from NY and I will finally get to meet Kix, the dog she adopted that I had her pull from a Florida shelter.

Kix


Except for a few weekends renting to others, a chef for a local bistro is renting the boathouse and living in it for two months.  Looks like it's going to be hard to slip in a time to use the kayaks in this great weather.  


Gold right now, but this bittersweet, which is everywhere, will be a bright orange soon.  Welcome autumn!


No comments:

Post a Comment