Friday, October 13, 2023

Sullivan's Island, Day 1

     The trip to OBX with my brother had to be postponed, so I took to my original plan to go to Sullivan's Island outside Charleston to see my friend Fabrizia who recently moved from CT to Swansea, SC.
 
                                   We met for lunch and talked for hours.  

               The bridge to get to the island was long and very high! 
     I stayed at Shem Creek Hotel on the marshes and about 10 minutes outside Sullivan's Island where there are no hotels or Airbnbs, and I saw signs "no timeshares" keeping the island as private homes.  Can't blame them.
     Sunday night was hoping with lots of bars and restaurants along the marshes.
    Took an evening stroll to breathe in the salt air and watch the sun set.




      Lots of shrimp boats.  



         A blue heron enjoying the music.
     Getting up early to walk the boardwalk through the marshes hoping to get some photos of birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment