Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Christmas Wrappings

     I was hesitating to start posting my Christmas posts with my mother ill in the hospital, but we have high hopes that she will be home in time to celebrate Christmas.  While resting at home, I hope to have lots of posts for her to catch up on and get in the Christmas spirit!  
 
Today I made multiple trips to the post office with all my gifts to friends across the country and Bob's book sales.  Seems everything is arriving on time, unlike last year where nothing made it by Christmas.  

          Before Thanksgiving I went shopping, and from the looks of it, the papers and cards were the leftovers after the sales from last year.  I was so happy I always have a lot of wrapping paper on hand.
    As you will see, I decided to have a "theme" for gifts for my nephews, brother and wives, so the woodsy paper with bears were a fit.  All were wrapped and mailed a week ago and are now delivered and waiting for Christmas day to be opened.
 
         With my resident bear visiting daily and sending videos to my family who are city dwellers and freaked out at the sight of a bear, what better theme to have for Christmas gifts!   Asheville is "Beer City" and this was the perfect sweatshirt for Dave.
  Having a theme is not an easy task, though, especially when some sizes are very large and hard to find. I thought Asheville would be loaded with bear items, but not so much. Maybe because all the merchandise is floating in containers out on the ocean?  Who's to say.  I know my car part has been out there for over four months now.
   Found some really cute things for the girls in Hendersonville.

 
                                        I believe a yeti qualifies as a bear.

   I did happen to buy some interesting gifts bags last year. I didn't have anyone special in mind for these, but decided to give my mom and aunt a good laugh.  Hey, they have glitter!!

                    Beaming a Christmas tree up is better than the vagrants  burning them down!!
                       A sneak peek at the tree.  Mom, your wrappings of silver  and red fit with my theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment