Thursday, March 18, 2021

He's Back!!


                              Bob came home with a gift of socks for me the other night, and it must have been an omen because this is what I found in my bird feeding area the next morning.
                            At least he didn't steal any of the feeders, but the metal hanger for one is missing, and I still can't find it.  UGH!!!




                     One evening Mindy & Shahab came over to deliver my goat's milk.  Jasper, Mindy's son, has soccer practice twice a week at the stables near my house, so they will be coming to hang at my house more often.  I couldn't wait to show them the bamboo forest.  They are my first guests to walk it!
                   I explained to Shahab there were areas so thick that Bob and I could not get to the stream on the other side, so that made him even more determined to get there! He's way ahead of us.

                      Lots of bear scat throughout.  
                       Fox hole?
                  Well, with a little work, we made it to the stream!  We walked the stream bed to get to my pasture and went back the easy way.  Next week Shahab wants to bring his new battery operated chain saw and start cutting a path.  That will be sweet!!!!

                            I was contacted this week by a lady needing to find rescue or homes for six abandoned chows in NC.  So working hard on getting these youngsters into homes which will take the bulk of my week.  




                     Lots of storms and tornado warnings today, hope the power stays on.  Looks like spring is being ushered in!

No comments:

Post a Comment