Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Speaking of Canada . . .


Photos of our trip to British Columbia some years ago, actually quite a few years ago as we flew back home the day before 911.  We were really lucky because the following day all flights were stopped, and we would have been stuck in Canada for two weeks.  Not that that would have been a bad thing, but we had a lot of animals to get back home to.

This winter I started going through bins of old photos.  Many being thrown away because of sticking together or yellowing or not remembering what we even took them of or for.   I'm also looking for photos of my two nephews from when they were young so I can make them each an album for Christmas as my brother did not take photos.

These are some of my favorite photos of Banff and Lake Louise.  We did a lot of hiking, saw grizzlies and met a lot of people from all over the world as some trails required groups because of grizzly sightings.

This is the west side of Canada.  Years before we also did Nova Scotia, completely different and love both ends, but not doable for a summer escape, so Ontario or Michigan seem to be the only choices.  My friend in Alberta says "Come here!  People in Ontario are uptight!"  Don't think Calgary or Alberta would be one of my choices, though.

I was thinking as I go through all these photos, this will be a nice way to keep my favorites from all the other places we have traveled and do a travel series, Mexico, Peru, Morocco, Guatemala, Brazil.  









This is a place I definitely want to go back to, although that kind of hiking may be a thing of the past at my age.
So this week I'm back to sorting the bin of photos as last week when I was back to working on my garden paths I dropped one of the biggest stones right on the top of my foot.  Good thing Bob wasn't here with the way I screamed and what I was saying!  I think I sat for 30 minutes just trying to catch my breath.  Can't do anything for a hairline fracture, except rest, which I'm not good at LOL!  

The culprit!  I should have Bob weigh it, but it is 5 inches thick!

But I did get a few others in before the incident, and my path is coming along!


When I came across this photo of little Dave, I shared it to his Facebook page and told him he may have been the only kid I have ever held, that he was special!

No comments:

Post a Comment