Thursday, March 5, 2020

I Love Free Plants!

I picked the perfect day to go back to the house where I dug up the azaleas last summer to get the one big hellebore that was there.

I have been wanting a dark one to go with the light ones that I have.  There is still one closer to black that one day will have to buy, but this will do for now, and it's a double!



The hellebores are really doing fantastic this year, all thanks to Dixie for giving me trays of seedlings years ago!


Isn't it beautiful?  Was so easy to dig up, too!


 

Got it in just in time for a shower to water it in.

I also spied a large rosemary plant, so home it came to be planted in an herb garden that I'm starting. You can see it in the background of Roman's big head.  Love this beautiful blue beast!

Much bigger than what I would have bought at a nursery.

There were a lot of these coming up in the same area as the hellebore.  I don't know what it is, so only brought one home for now.

Hyacinth is emerging.  Love the smell of these and get one each year just so I can breathe it in!

Only did two trays of seedlings, tomatoes on the right to get a fast start and torenia on the left under plastic.  Seeds from my Susie Wong torenia that I had specially grown last year.  I hope to have stages of tomatoes that will last well into fall this year.

Out of all the seed catalogs this year, I loved the cover of this one.  I have to get ordering my seeds or to Eden Brothers in Asheville before what I want is sold out.  Looking for Royal Wedding poppy seeds, they are hard to find.

The birds are busy getting nests ready.  A chickadee took over this blue bird box, but looks to me like the blue bird doesn't care and is building on top of the moss nest.  We'll see who wins!


FINALLY!  I spied some deer in the pasture one morning.  Even with the zoom lens, hard to get a good shot.  





They blend in so well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment