Monday, April 1, 2019

The Wood Shed

Took a while to find someone to split all the trees that were taken down on Thanksgiving day, of course, the guys that took them down and were supposed to come back never would, what else is new!

We made it through this winter with just all the scraps that came down from the one storm, so this will be for next year, and the next year and . . . 




Bit by bit Bob is hauling it to the wood shed and stacking it.



A wren was driving me crazy wanting to put her nest in my watering can over by the breezeway, so I placed it here and she went for it!


Three eggs last I looked.

Little Lady Bug, deaf and partially blind, 14 or 15 years old came to me from Kentucky and stayed for the week.  My friend Dione in Charlotte took her to Drums, PA to my friend Marcia to live out the rest of her life with eight other seniors. 


I really wanted to keep this one, but knew her new home was a better situation, but hope to see her in May when I make the trip up.

She was so tiny, only weighing 30 lbs.


Still blooming!

Princess gets tired watching me work in the yard.  It's crunch time in the garden, so much to do to prepare for seeds, cleanup from the winter, trimming, you name it.  I have to get back to painting and finishing my potting shed, staining the bathroom floor, cleaning all the windows, ugh.  I need to work hard in the yard this month to increase my stamina with some hikes coming up and kayaking the canal to see the lilies. 


The first hike will be the Bluff Mountain Bogs with the Nature Conservancy.  Three mile hike straight up, with bogs at the top of the mountain, a rare thing!



The lilies at Lansford Canal State Park, Class II kayaking.  Lots of great things coming up, Mud Creek Yard Sale, Greenworks Garden Tour in Kenilworth, hikes, trip to PA for wedding, the list goes on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment