Sunday, September 2, 2018

Reuse, Re-purpose, Recycle

This cabinet was in the farmhouse kitchen and didn't quite fit.  Thought this would be perfect in the boathouse to store supplies.  

First scrub it, dry it, paint with many coats of enamel.  It's very well made, old and heavy, was used for the previous owner's art supplies.

The handles were stainless and had been painted over.  I wasn't about to spend the time to strip them, so I used a can of Rustoleum hammered spray paint, and it came out great.

One deep metal drawer, which I wish they all were, but the rest were wood.

Painted in the boathouse green trim color and looks awesome!



Even cleaned the drawers were not as nice as I wanted them to look.  I remembered years ago I bought a roll of faux bois contact paper I had never used and started to search for it.

Perfect!



Wasn't the easiest piece to get in the car and down those steep boathouse stairs.  My healing sacroiliac is feeling it :(

But I must admit it was worth it.  We took the painted farmhouse table out, and this fit in just right letting me store all the supplies for our guests.

As I was down at the farmhouse painting the cabinet on the porch, I noticed a 6 foot black snake had left his clothes behind.  The next day I found his girlfriend's, which was not as long.  


This must be the year of the snake.  We have had lots of black snakes, as usual, but also a copperhead on the driveway and a rattlesnake in the courtyard up by the dogs' water bowl.  Not good.  Both were removed to the pasture, not killed, but do not want to see them again.

Got a chuckle from this.

Mom, this is the vase I was telling you about, Roseville, now on its way to Washington State.

Early fall bloomers, first moon flower.

Sweet Autumn Clematis.

No comments:

Post a Comment