Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ready for the Holidays

The "Princess" tree is up and looking like a large version of a Victorian bottle brush tree.  A friend talked me into unpacking my glass woodland ornaments, and I'm happy I did. 

The tree skirt is a vintage granny square afghan found at a flea market.

The star is from grapevine covered in lots of starry lights.

One of my newest finds, the pileated woodpecker.


Lots of gnomes, crows, mushrooms and feather balls.



One of my favorite things to do at Christmas is to send a gift to unsuspecting people, and this year I have made so many friends in chow rescue, I thought a print of a chow done by what looks like a child would be fun to send to them all, so I copied and framed nearly a dozen to be sent to PA, MD, NC, MA, VA, NY, TN, and FLA!

My family and friends' gifts were wrapped in paper covered in antlers with red or green ribbons.

I will not be hosting a big dinner for friends this year, but instead will be serving a brunch, which I really enjoy doing.  It will be a challenge to set the table with everything in boxes ready for the move, but I'm sure I can pull it off.  I'm actually relaxed this year with so little to do, and it's a nice change of pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment