Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rain, Rain go Away!

I must admit, one good thing has come from all this rain, and it's not the flooded basement where all my hooked rugs were ready to be moved and got soaked or the soggy blackberries that are just getting ripe or the split tomatoes or mophead hydrangeas so heavy they're laying on the ground.

It's this old door that I've had for probably 20 years that was covered in thick white enamel paint that last year I put out along the fence to keep Princess and Panda from getting into it at the fence line.  One day I noticed the paint peeling and a beautiful robin's egg blue paint underneath. I'm sure it's at least 100 years old.

Every time I go to see Roman and Princess, I scrape just a little bit off.  There are some really tough spots, but with the rain this week I'm sure they'll get easier, too.  I do have the missing piece of the door.  Just thinking of how I can use this in our new home.  To think this was going to be cut in pieces and burned in the fireplace. Close call!!

No comments:

Post a Comment