Monday, October 24, 2011

2011 COUNTRY LIVING FAIR

It was a beautiful day for the fair and, as expected, there were lots of pumpkins


Took photos of my favorite things at the fair









These Adirondack boats are completely handmade and beautiful.  I could picture myself on the lake in one of these and with Bob doing all the rowing as I lay back in my rattan seat and get some sun!



How about a wicker motorcycle for scooting around the lake?

As I was leaving the fair, I turned to see the guys from one of my favorite shows on Planet Green, "The Beekman Boys"

As much as I like "the boys", there was no way I was standing in this line to get an autographed copy of their latest cookbook, even though the asparagus torte recipe looked really good!

Here they are!  I'm not much of a fan of Brent in the pink shirt, I love Josh with the beard and glasses, a former drag queen, can you believe it! 

Some of Debbie Thibeaut's work

These had to be my favorite "new" craft, hand-painted canvas dolls 

Can you believe this mushroom?  What an imagination she has.


I bought one item at the fair that I saw when I first started walking around and thought about all day.  It intrigued me, especially since I collect antique charcoal portraits.  I have never seen one quite like this, a mourning portrait, very rare, especially this size.  It led me to google mourning photos.  Everyone has their own opinion on the subject, but another website has a more upbeat attitude about this subject and says that this is once again being done where children are dying young.



Now that the fair has come and gone, I am looking forward to the Friday night before Halloween where we will do a tour of the Oakland Cemetery at night, the only time of year you can go in at night.  Spooky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment